The Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Marco cordially invites you to join the Hong Kong Environment Trade Mission to GLOBE 2014 in Vancouver.
The GLOBE Series is North America’s largest and longest-running forum on the business of environment consisting of aconference and trade fair. In 2012, the event attracted over 9000 business leaders, industry managers and buyers to explore mutual goals of corporate sustainability, business growth, urban development, and energy and climate change solutions(http://2014.globeseries.com).
|This year, the GLOBE 2014 Conference will include the following major themes:
»» The Changing Energy Landscape
(Remarks: Special Discounted Conference Rate applies to Hong Kong delegates)
GLOBE 2014 Trade Fair: With over 450 exhibitors, the GLOBE trade show will feature the most advanced environmental technologies and solutions in three critical areas: Energy, Green Building and Sustainable Cities, and Water.
Value Added Mission Program for Mission Participants:
(1) Business-to-Business Matching & Networking Opportunities with Canadian companies in variety of different subsectors. Canadian companies are especially strong in the areas of Water/Wastewater, Waste Management, Air Pollution Control, Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, Carbon Capture/Storage/Utilization and Green Building Products/Services etc.
(2) Optional Additional Site Visit to Edmonton Waste Management Centre (EWMC) to Edmonton, Alberta, March 24-25
About EWMC – EWMC provides access to some of the best full-scale waste management facilities in North America. It strives to turn waste into resources, provides holistic solutions to waste management problems and aims to enable innovation. The city of Edmonton currently diverts about 60% of residential waste from its landfill by reducing, recycling and composting. Facilities located at EWMC include:
- · Integrated Processing and Transfer Facility
- · Materials Recovery Facility, where Edmonton’s recyclables are sorted and baled
- · Edmonton Composting Facility, where Edmonton’s waste is composted
- · GEEP Electrical and Electronic Waste Recycling Facility
- · Residential Waste Drop Off Station
- · Construction and Demolition Recycling Operation
- · Clover Bar Landfill
- · Leachate Treatment Plant, Landfill Gas Recovery System and Biosolids Lagoons
- · Greys Paper & Glass Recycling Facility
- · Waste-to-Biofuels
For further information on EWMC, please visit their website: http://www.edmonton.ca/for_residents/garbage_recycling/edmonton-waste-management-centre.aspx
If you are interested in learning more about the Mission, please complete and return the attached Reply Slip or contact Ms. Fatima Lai, tel: 2867 7390 / 2867 7366, email: Fatima.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your participation in this Business Mission!